Elected to the Society 2015
Born on the North East coast of Yorkshire, Brian headed South in 1977 to study art at Wimbledon School of Art. After spending 35 years living/working in both London and Brighton he recently ‘came home’ to the North and is now happily settled just outside Armathwaite.
His work encompasses portraiture, still life and in particular man’s relationship with nature …. its ‘otherness’ In his most recent body of work the rich life and verse of the English nature poet John Clare is explored through images of metamorphoses and the Icarian myth.
- BP Portrait Award – National Portrait Gallery,London
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters – Mall Galleries, London
- Oriel Mostyn – Llandudno
- Hunting Group Art Prizes – Mall Galleries,London
- Cleveland International Drawing Biennle – touring exhibition
- John Clare in Space – Oxford Brooks